Subscriptions are great gifts which can be enjoyed throughout the year. It’s fun to have something to look forward. If you hit the right one for the right person, you may also create a new tradition.
- Spotify for music lovers
- Audible or Kindle Unlimited for book lovers
- Texture for the magazine lover
- Netflix for the movie and TV lover
Subscriptions Via Mail
When we think of gift subscriptions, the first to come to mind is generally the magazine subscription. Even though you know it’s coming, it’s still a nice surprise when it arrives – a little delight amongst the taxes, bills and the junk mail. Subscriptions have extended far beyond the magazine world:
- For wine lovers, try 18 Best Wine Subscription Boxes and Clubs (US) or Wine Collective(Canada)
- For beauty lovers, try a Beauty Box subscription like GLOSSYBOX or ipsy
- For kids and teens, try Little Passports, OwlCrate, or Whiz Pop Bang
You could find a box for just about everyone on your list. There are a vast array of options, including book, craft, coding, science, cheese, clothing, and fitness themed boxes. If you need a little inspiration, try using cratejoy.com which is an online marketplace for subscription boxes with reviews and ratings. You can search by interest, age, country, and gender. They also do curated lists of suggestions.
The Gift of Time
“Buying” someone their time can be such a treat and a relief. Procure a service for the receiver so that they don’t have to do the chore that’s a pain point for them. This could be:
- Snow removal/yard work
- House cleaning service
- Meal kit delivery
- Help getting through their to-do list (US: taskrabbit.com; Canada: askfortask.com)
Plan to spend time with the people you care about. Plan and gift tickets/certificates for an outing to enjoy together such as concert tickets, tickets to a show/comedian; dinner at a new restaurant or an old favourite; or an activity like dog sledding, snow shoeing, bowling, or taking a class together.
What are your favourite gifts that keep on giving?