How to Make the Sweet Potato Chips in the Microwave
- Thinly slice a washed and dried sweet potato. The slices should be paper thin (this most easily achieved using a mandolin).
- Lay the slices on a microwave safe plate in a single layer. They should not overlap. I use the glass turn table of the microwave.
- Very lightly brush with oil. Sprinkle with dried thyme and sea salt.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
- Check on them and keep microwaving for 15 seconds at a time until they start to brown and curl, crisping up and drying out. They will continue to crisp as they cool. Some may be ready before others so take those out first or they will burn.
- Repeat steps 2. to 5. with the remaining slices.
Note: Microwave times will vary depending on your microwave. Mine is 1100 wats.
How to make the Dip
Stir together 1 t mayo, 1.5 T plain Greek yoghurt, a tiny bit of grated garlic, chipotle powder, and dried thyme. Makes enough dip for one small sweet potato.