If you are in the market for a sleek and compact crossbody, the Rudsak Percey Small Leather Crossbody Bag is definitely worth a look.
- Dimentions: 9.25″/23.5cm x 6″/15.2cm x 1.25″/ 3.2cm
- Zip top closure
- 2 exterior zip pockets (one on the front and one on the back): 6″/15.2cm x 3.5″/8.9cm (fits my iPhone 7 comfortably)
- 2 detachable straps:
- the crossbody strap is adjustable (46.5″/118.1cm to 52.5″/133.4cm) and made of leather
- the over the shoulder strap is not adjustable; measures 31″/78.7cm; and is chain and leather
- 1 interior zip pocket: 5.5″/13.9cm x 3.5″/8.9cm
- 2 interior slip pockets: 3.5/8.9cm” x 4″/10.2cm
- Includes a detachable flashlight
- The Percey is also available in moss (khaki) and desert rose (light pink)
The Good Stuff
It is well made; the zippers work smoothly; it feels like it will be durable; and I expect to use it for a long time. The pockets keep everything well organised and you don’t need to hunt through the bag for what you need. I love that both exterior pockets have zip closures. I keep my phone in one and keys in the other, making them easily accessible and I don’t have to worry about them slipping out (this has happened with other bags which have exterior slip pockets). While it is sleek and compact, the bag it holds quite a bit. What I carry in it:
- Tissues (holder available from amazon.com*)
- Boot Rescue and hand sanitizer (not pictured) wipes
- Lip balm
- Hand lotion
- Notebook and pen
- Hair band
- Almay’s Oil-Free Eye Makeup Eraser Sticks (well.ca; amazon.com*) – these are so handy especially if you are like me and your eye makeup tends to migrate south. I always need to do a little under eye clean up throughout the day. These Q-tip like sticks have a hollow stem filled with makeup remover. To use, hold the stick upright with the striped end up. Snap off the striped end. The makeup remover will flow down and saturate the un-striped end. Touch up/clean up as needed.
Things to Consider
I don’t have anything of concern to say about the bag itself. What you may want to consider when purchasing is Rudsak’s return policy which is different for online and in-store purchases. I have included the link so that you can access the information current and applicable to you at the time of reading.
I purchased the bag in-store and used a 10% off coupon which you can receive by signing up for their e-mail list. If you use the coupon in-store, it’s a final sale and the warranty is 3 months. Items for which the full price was paid in-store can be “exchanged for an identical or comparable item or for a credit note in the form of a gift card within 14 days of the original purchase date”. I find their return policy wanting so check your items carefully before purchasing.
Despite my reservations about their return policy, I am really happy with my Percey. Thoughtfully designed, it ticks all the form and function boxes for me and I will be getting a lot of use out of this bag.