Incredibly easy, six ingredients, and no baking required.
To achieve the look, you will need a silicone mold* like this one:
This mold would be great to make a giant Reese Peanut Butter Cup too, but I digress. Back to the giant treat at hand:
- 3 C Oreo baking crumbs
- 12 T / 6 oz. butter + 4 T / 2 oz. butter (room temperature)
- 180 g Icing sugar
- 1/8 t Fine salt
- 1/2 t Vanilla extract
- 1 T Milk
- In a large bowl, melt 12 T butter in the microwave, 20 seconds at a time until completely melted.
- Add the baking crumbs and mix until well combined. The mixture should resemble wet sand.
- Add half of the crumb mixture into the silicone mold and press down well, ensuring that it gets into all of the cavities and smooth the top with the back of spoon so that it is level.
- Freeze until hard, about 2 hours. (Side note: You can skip this step but it will be trickier to spread the icing over the crumb layer as the icing will lift the crumbs as you try to spread it. If you skip the freezing step, it will be easiest to carefully press the icing out over the crumbs using your fingers.)
- While the first crumb layer is setting in the freezer, cover the remaining crumb mixture and leave at room temperature.
- Once the crumb layer is completely set: in a separate bowl, combine the remaining 4 T of butter with the icing sugar, salt, vanilla, and milk. Mix with an electric hand mixer until very well combined and smooth. Spread the icing evenly over the first crumb layer.
- Add the remaining crumb mixture over the icing. Smooth the top with the back of spoon so that it is level.
- Freeze until completely hard and set, about 2 to 4 hours.
- Gently pull the sides of the mold to loosen and then unmold carefully.
*Disclosure: This post contains some affiliate links. This means that I will earn a small commission on products purchased via these links at no extra cost to you. The affiliate links have been marked with an asterisk (*). Thank you for the support!